We recognise the importance of a collaboration and parental involvement which is essential to create a positive and personal school experience for your child.
The SSiS Parentsforum…
- aims to facilitate the communication and understanding between the parents, teachers and school management which helps to support the positive learning atmosphere of the school.
- promotes the cooperative interaction of the entire school community.
- supports the school in the area of additional activities (charity, events, Mittagstisch, Welcome Coffee mornings, school uniforms, …).
- represents the concerns and requests of the parents.
Class Mums and Dads
Class Mums and Dads facilitate, encourage and support the cooperation between parents and teachers and between the parents themselves. They are a member of the SSiS Parentsforum. Annually, one or two Class-Mums and Dads per class are elected at the first class meeting of the school year.
Class Mums and Class Dads …
- represent their child’s class in the Parentsforum.
- support the Parentsforum in its’ activities.
- support the teachers if required for projects or events.
- organise social events (Coffee Mornings, Class Play Dates, barbecues,… ) according to needs of parents.
- approach new parents at the Parents’ Welcome Coffee.
- organise small group gifts for the class teacher (e.g, Christmas, Farewell).
- maintain the class address-list (to facilitate play dates).